Tuesday, August 22, 2006

wouldn't you know

That the first time we give Teagan solids she sleeps horribly and then last night as well.
I really think though it's because she has post nasal drippage going on. She is constantly coughing/gagging, Riordan was doing that last week, and not keeping milk down on occassion because of the constant hacking.
When she gets Triaminic she's does pretty well.
So we haven't done solids since Sunday and waiting for her to get over her cold. She was up for 2 hours straight last night, but I couldn't get out of bed, Mike did.
Turns out that I have figured out that I have beginning symptoms of Post Partum Depression. Last week sent me over the edge.
Not only did I not get out of my pj's but twice, seriously in 9 days, but my milk supply went down way low on Thursday. It killed me to see my daughter try and nurse and nothing be there. Thankfully she is supplemented on nursey days at church or when we go on dates, so I was able to successfully meet her needs.
I have had PPD before, realllllly bad after Riordan, so I know what to look for now. I was in serious denial when I had it with him.
Getting into a running routine was what got me going with Riordan and then I ended up pregnant with Teagan LOL. So I will do my elliptical and get back to running, but will avoid making another baby ;-)
I have too much on my plate as an individual, wife, and mom. I also have another health issue that I have tracked since Teagan was 6 weeks old and notice it's aggravated by stress. I'm in the process of getting another doctor since the one I have thinks my issue is exoskeletal... quack.
So because of everything going on in my life, yesterday I resigned as Prez of MOMS Club. An immediate weight was lifted off my shoulders and I had full support from my friends. I, for once in my life, am putting my needs first before others and let me tell you, it's empowering.
I'm not worried about how others may feel about my decision, because I know in my heart that I gave it my best shot. This is not the time for me to be supporting 45 other women.
I need to focus on my health firsth, my marriage, and my three beautiful children who need me to be healthy and happy.

No comments: