Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Time to get serious!

Okay been a while since I checked in. Just no time!

My leg is back in a bad place. Time to get serious and I found a Sports Medicine doctor nearby that I hope to get in with this week. Gotta find a place for the kiddos to go, Mike is soooo busy, but it will have to work out. Bursitis is back and sharp pain in lower leg is back, which scares me, that's more a sign of a stress fracture. This doc is the director of the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Run, Doc for ASU Women's soccer team and all Chandler High School. Thinking he might be qualified. If not happy, will get a second opinion with a practice in N. Scottsdale.
I have a huge exciting journey in the works, and will want til it's finalized to talk about it and I need to be healed!! I'm passed being depressed about not running the 1/2 marathon this weekend and just need to get on the right road again.
I think I will go down to the expo on Friday and check out all the vendors and grab my swag though even though I'm not running. 

Pat on the back for me though.  I snagged a ticket with some friends for Mike to go to the Playoff game on Sunday! Since I can't run, I was going to go to church and then this came up for Mike and he had talked about going. I think he's pleased. It's with the dads from flag football and the only requirement they have given him is he has to wear an Eagle's shirt ;-) He's all for it! 

We have been busy with well checks for Caden, Riordan, and Aislinn with Dr. T. They all really liked him and I really like how he is with the children. Helps he has young ones himself with a third on the way! Today I will be taking Riordan for a speech evaluation. Pretty sure he will be freaked out at first, but once he sees all the toys and games he will hopefully relax and chatter away. Julie will be here so the girls will stay home and it will just be he and I. He got bonked pretty hard in the face yesterday at the playground with a swing. It was still red and swollen last night, so it might be a bruise today. He finally would look at it before bed and started laughing the stinker.

This past weekend I had a stay over in Scottsdale with my friend Rebecca from HS and we had such a great time! We hung out in our room for close to 4 hours talking, drinking champagne and getting ready for a big night out for her going away/birthday soiree! Then we hit the W hotel for dinner at Sushi Roku and then drinks and music upstairs. Her friends are great and we all had such a great time. End of the night, we met a couple of guys (I was working the room all night for her scouting out a good guy with a good heart) and bam, that's where he was! I was so impressed with this guy. Complete gentleman, unlike a lot of the men upstairs who were definitely on the prowl, and I told her this is the one to keep her eye on. They met last night for drinks on her actual birthday! Can't wait to hear how it went!

*Spoiler Alert*
Let's see, last week was such a whirlwind but to just touch on things. I saw a movie with Kristi and Kelly, and had dinner at Bravi before hand. Yummy pear and gorgonzola salad! We saw 'Marley and Me'. Although I was pretty certain how it was going to end, it still got me. Tissues were definitely needed for the movie. When I got home, I couldn't help but want to hang out with Sully. Poor girl, she is soooo neglected. Since the movie and I have been making a concious effort to pay more attention to her though.

I took a tour of Wee Blessings Preschool and I needed tissues for that! I can't believe we found a home for Riordan and Teagan and in a school so much like how pre-schools were run back home! I decided it would be easier to have him there with Teagan for it's still a small class size then what Kindersteps would be 12 vs 25 and I wouldn't be breaking my neck to make it to Teagan in time after picking him up.

Okay, more later, I'm late going to met Joe for training!


1 comment:

The Maples said...

I just read Marley and Me, and I have definitely found that I appreciate our dog a lot more too. I've found myself petting her more and giving her so much more attention. She's 10 so she's definitely getting up there in years. The book was so good and there are definitely tear stains on the pages of the last few chapters. Can't wait to see the movie!