Wednesday, September 06, 2006

5 months later

I get mastitis! After all this time!
Most of you friends and family know that I battled this with both the boys and always suffered badly. BUT I was very very proactive this time. I noticed it Monday evening, but was praying it was just slight engorgement and no infection. The next morning the inflammation had spread. I dumped everything going on in my life, got on the phone with my OB, they called in the antibiotic, and I got into bed. I never developed the fever!!
Today I went in for a follow-up, confirmed it was definitely mastitis and that I was out of the woods for the high fevers. I'm still tender and a bit tired, but I can make it to the Disney show on Friday with the family! Yay! We are so excited. Well Mike and I are LOL. Caden doesn't know he's going, and won't probably until tomorrow night. Plus with our Disney trip soon to come, it will be a nice warm up.
And a drumroll please!!
The Malloy Family will be returning to Atlanta together as a unit in November for a quick visit!! We miss everyone so much and my dad especially. I don't, for some odd reason, have a picture of him and Riordan together so that is my main objective ;-) OF COURSE I miss the rest of my family too, so don't take that last sentence the wrong way tee hee hee.
So we fly in to Birmingham late on the 16th, drive over to Atlanta early on the 17th and fly back out on the 20th. Caden knows this and has asked almost every hour today, " Are we going to get on the plane yet?!" This is why he doesn't know about the Disney show yet.

No comments: