What was going to be a pretty smooth week for us turned into not so smooth! Mike and I had our teeth cleaned on Monday and I had previously set up an appointment to get a cavity filled for the week after Christmas. It had started to bother me and the dentist and I agreed it was a root canal tooth at that point. He gave me some antibiotics to help prevent infection if the pain became a bit more constant. Well it did and I began my antibiotics on Wednesday morning.
That night I went to our Mom's Night Out, which was an ornament exchange at my friend Michelle's house. My tooth was still painful at times but was bearable. We had such a great time and I got home about midnight. Still earlier than a few girls! :-) When I went to go lay down the pain was intensified and it was throbbing. I hardly slept a wink and we called the dentist first thing in the morning. They told me to wait and see until 3 pm, hoping the antibiotics got a chance to do their thing. So Mike went to work and I layed in bed. My friend Christa took Caden to school and Mike was back home about noon.
The pain was still present and not fun at all. We went to Caden's school for his school birthday party. Cupcakes that were rainbowed swirled with sprinkles at his request. Back home and I went to bed, but not before calling my dentist and saying that the pain was still there. They scheduled me the next morning for an 8 am root canal.
They don't work on Friday's so I expressed my gratitude since they knew we had our big Disneyland trip on Sunday. They called in a prescription for the pain, which never really worked, however plain ole Tylenol PM helped me sleep.
So I had the root canal done the next morning, on the same day as the boys birthday party, and I thought I was doing pretty good. Came home about 10 am, started to make some food for MOM's Holiday Party, threw it in the oven, and then went to cut Caden's hair. The novocaine started to wear off and I was in tears. The pain was so intense. I finished Caden's haircut and crawled back into bed. Mike took the children out for errands and lunch at Chick-Fil-a. I tried to sleep, but instead just dozed in and out for a bit.
I made it to the boys birthday party to Peter Piper Pizza but in some pretty good pain still. It was so hard to not laugh and smile, ouch ouch, and hugs to everyone and getting pressed on the check. Nice and swollen. I couldn't wait to go to bed. Took my tylenol PM and I was down for the count. This morning all I thankfully have no pain but just some soreness and tender spots! So instead of packing for Disney tomorrow I had to finish up what I was behind on with our blog ;-)
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment