So I am completely free of nausea and headaches!
I feel that maybe the zofran prolonged it a bit, jut like with Riordan, but I was too afraid to go off of it.
The very first day of not taking it I was feeling pretty darn good. That was two days ago.
I had my doctor's appt yesterday, dinner out with the family last night, and today I met Mike at Biltmore Fashion Park for a lunch date and a stroll around the mall! It is like night and day.
We went to Houston's for lunch. I'm having very specific food cravings now and just enjoying foooood.
So at my appointment, most of you know I have a saliva and back of throat mucus issue, I bring it to attention finally (it was the least of my worries when I'd go in). It's called ptyalism and I have had it for 7 weeks. It's disgusting and very unfair. I thought it was a symptom from my all day sickness and would go away once the nausea went away.
Got very bad news yesterday. It's not going away most likely until I deliver. It's hormone related and actually quite a few women suffer from this.
So I'm getting back to my southern roots, and I carry a "spit cup" every where I go. Nothing really helps. Gum and candy just make more and if I do swallow it, I am running for the bathroom. I did figure out almost two weeks ago that Tylenol PM helps dry it up at night so I don't wake up in the middle of the night running for the bathroom from sleep salivation.
This is something that no one ever talks about BUT I AM! so get over it ;-), and just until the last month I decided to look it up and found the medical name and what other women did. Most are saying it was gone after their 1st trimester. My doctor recommended lemon ice and lemonheads. I did the lemonheads and I still can't do sweets. Just makes me sooo ill. However I did lemon with my tea ( I haven't been able to do lemon when I was so sick) and let me tell you, it was so quenching. Yeah, all this cup action, really dries me out big time and is dehydrating. I think I may be able to finally handle lemon water. I bought lemons today so we will see. I just want to chug it, good sign that I can handle it.
Well I'm in my second trimester, most women state they are at 15 weeks and no end in sight. I have friends who want to get me a diamond encrusted spit cup. It's just so gross! I feel so helpless and it's a very self concious thing for me to go out with this issue. But I do it anyway.
I asked my doctor how long I can take the Tylenol PM and she said I don't have to stop. So thankful for that, because people let me tell you. This is the most unfair thing you can do to a pregnant girl. Besides hormones screwing with your emotions now I feel like a redneck. That's fine. I look that part right now with my roots, did have 'one' eyebrow until I waxed them finally two nights ago and I like to shop at Wal-mart ;-)
I love the fact that I'm out of bed and doing things with the children and getting out of the house. I have to be out everyday since I started on Tuesday. I was couped up far too long!! So watch out Chandler, I gots good aim now too, just like a chaw chewing baseball player!! Can't let this hold me back and thankfully my friends all understand and just look the other way !! LOL
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment