Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life in Atlanta

Was good. I was blessed with a break in weather again. The humidity factor was pretty low and the temp was in the 80's. Perfect pool weather. Saturday rained all day long.
We got two pool days and lots of time with our family. Caden and his cousins played so much, that he asked tearfully if Daddy, Teagan, and Riordan could come 'to this town' instead of us flying home.
Mom's heart issue started the night of the 4th, during fireworks, and finally she went to her primary doc Saturday morning.
She had an episode her too when she came to help us in March when I was stuck in the bed.
Still waiting on word to when her surgery will be. They will go in the left side which means they have to penetrate the heart, leaving a small pinpoint hole that they said would heal up perfectly. I don't know, but I'm starting to get a little freaked out.
Pinpoints in the heart??
Riordan was angry at me for a couple of days while I was gone, wouldn't talk to me on the phone. Totally understand that issue. Caden did that last year when I just took Teagan home.
We got to see our good friend's Diana and Camden. The boys always have played so well together and that day was no different. We got to see the progress on the addition to their home, and it's going to look amazing!! I can't wait to see the final results!
I didn't want to leave, we just sat and talked for a few hours. Plus it was overcast outside, so it made her very cozy home, just that more cozy!! Caden kept asking when we left, if we could set up another playdate.
We made it to my fav Mexican and to RuSan's to eat, but yet again did not make it Georgia Grill. I'm going to have to have their food shipped to us in dry ice!
We also got a quick visit in to the Train Museum with MOM of all people after she was released on Saturday. They had given her no restrictions... I just hope that quick walk around the musuem had nothing to do with her 'relapse'.
Flying for Caden was pretty stressful for taking off. He would get get so emotional, because of being scared and missing Daddy at the same time. Once we got off the ground both times he was perfectly fine. He just gets himself so worked up, just like before his shots. I was so proud of him for being so brave. We watched DVDs, played Leapster, and colored for the 3 1/2 hours and a few trips to the potty. I think he thought it was cool, yet the noise freaked him out. Of course.
Our week here is just absolutely hectic. I can't catch up on the computer yet and wanted to get our trip info down.
Yesterday, Riordan had a re-check for strep, rapid came up negative and waiting on the culture. While we were there, Dr. Sudha for the first time noticed Caden's studder (most of you know this has been at my attention for a year exactly now) She agrees with me it's a mind racing issue, but has sent us for an evaluation none the less. We are scheduled next Tuesday in the afternoon at Fiesta Therapy in Awhautukee. Some days are worse than others for him and somedays, he doesn't do it at all.
After the appointment, we had to go to the grocery, desperately, and then back home for quick lunch and for Kate to come so I could get my birthday hair done!
Today we are cleaning still, since Monday, and we have Carson Luse coming over for a playdate. Then when Mike gets home I'm off to get a mattress for Riordan's new big boy bed that comes on Friday! Sear's totally messed up this time, by postponing the delivery 4 times! so I just completely cancelled it. Hopefully the mattress store will be able to deliver by Friday, or we will just rent a truck from Home Depot. I think I may sneak out for a much need birthday pedicure too. Oh yes, it's my birthday Sunday! I will be glorious 34!!
Tomorrow, the boys have dentist appointments, then we have a playdate with the Jackson's and I'm taking a meal to my friend Liz from MOPS, she had baby Hayley a couple of weeks ago.
Friday, this is getting nuts, I have my 28 week u/s and I'm taking Caden, bed delivery and I'm taking the boys to see "Ratatouille". They are so excited because it's our new movie theater and we've been waiting for the first appropiate movie for them!
Saturday night Mike is taking me to Mastro's for dinner, the really one off of Pinnacle Peak so I can get my bone in Filet, my mouth is just watering like a cave girl! And we get to have that amazing Seared Ahi Tuna again! Man that was good stuff!
Sunday we have church and then some of my girls have arranged a birthday dinner at Kona for me. So sweet and I can't wait to spend some good girl time! How fun to go out with them on my birthday too! And I get to eat the yummy Shrimp Tempura that my friend Dani turned me on to. I am craving that again, good sign again of appetite in full effect ;-)
So that's my week, it's absolutely nuts isn't it?! I can't wait for next week, it's a lot slower, but then we are invaded by my sister and her three kids for almost a week and during Caden's first week at real public school, Kindersteps!
Pray for us! The older boys are so impressionable on Caden and I have been breaking bad habits and potty mouth all week from him and I don't know how I will take another week of it! It's exasperating how quickly Caden picked it up. I feel like he's constantly in time out and us having talks of what he should be doing and saying.
Off to do laundry, make beds and vacuum! Oh and make my famouse chicken salads with praline pecans for Penny ;-)

2 comments:

Improper Bostonian said...

While we were there, Dr. Sudha for the first time noticed Caden's studder (most of you know this has been at my attention for a year exactly now) She agrees with me it's a mind racing issue, but has sent us for an evaluation none the less.


Just an FYI - John studdered, Jack studdered. From a teacher's point of view, it's his mind racing and he can't get the words out fast enough. Most children his age do this and I wouldn't worry.
Kelly

DARES said...

Thinking of your mom constantly! Oh, and I want that famous chix salad recipe as I don't have a good one!