Tuesday, October 02, 2007

16 1/2 hours later






Yep, that's how long it took. Not so bad considering Caden was 30, Riordan was 14 1/2, but Teagan was 18 1/2.
I was checked in on time, no bumping ;-) And from the go I had the most incredible care.
Started on cytotec (sp), a pill to induce labor. With Teagan I was able to walk around with it to help promote labor, but not this time. Grounded to the bed except for restroom breaks. The first round did nothing for progress. So we did another pill. Labor become more consistant and at the end my body had taken over and was doing it on it's own. I had progressed a centimeter and effaced another 20% ( now at 3 and 70%). This is now the 8th hour.
It was about an hour later that we started a pitocin drip. It made the contractions a lot more intense, but it was still very managable for me. We had discussed my epidural and it seemed that the same doctor who botched mine with Teagan was the doctor for Aislinn. If I was going to use him again, it was good to know and to be prepared to see him face to face again LOL.
Dr. VanEken broke my water at 5. An emergency c-section came in which would tie her and the epidural man up. I was doing fine, managing on my own. 30 mins later the contractions were extreme. I had already sent Mike home to get the boys and told him to also have my friend Kristi come up after dinner. I knew once my water was broken it was going to go pretty fast.
Another emergency c-section came in! But my amazing nurse got the doctor in for my epidural and praise God he was not the same Dr. Lee!! I almost started crying from relief but then another contraction hit. He was incredible, sensitive to my bad experience and was done I swear in 3 mins flat. I hardly knew he was working on me and my nurse, Pam, held me so tight and was so encouraging! The boys had just arrived before I got this done, so Mike had taken them on a walk. When they got back, the medicine was kicking in already. It only took 20 mins to be under the meds, still could feel my legs, the pressure of the contractions, but no pain. Kristi walked in right as this feeling took over!
She was amazing! She brought a huge bag of toys, coloring books, stickers, books, and snacks to keep the boys entertained and that she did! Riordan and her now have a special bond!! They were adorable together.
At 10 pm I was at 9 and feeling Aislinn making her way down. I like for them to do most of the work and help at the end and that's what we did. At 10:40, I felt the show was ready and sent Mike to get our nurse. It was then everyone swarmed in, set me up and we were ready to go. Two pushes later, Aislinn was doing all the work herself, just like Teagan! She was born at 10:51 pm, 8lbs 11oz and 20 1/2 inches long (1/2 was discovered today at her first well check). She is Teagan's twin too! They look so much alike. She is an amazing little girl and so happy to have her home now!
My care at Mercy Gilbert exceeded all expectations! I stayed two nites as well, which was really good for us.
Being home now has been so nice too. The children just adore her and always want to know what she is doing! ;-)
Aislinn is now down to 7lbs 14 oz, but we will gain back her birth weight in the next couple of weeks.
I have tons of pictures but here are a few for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

dmdm said...

Ohhhhhh!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! We are so glad she's here! I can't wait to talk to you! Love & Congrats!

The Williams Family said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations.