First and foremost, Mike has gotten a new job. It's amazing the amount of offers we have received in the past two months, considering that the finance world isn't doing so hot. We have absolutely loved the company that brought us to Arizona. They have been NOTHING but good to us and it has felt like family. Which made it that harder to move company's. It's a non competing one, different product entirely, but still wholesaling. Mike now has four territories to cover which means a lot more travel. Colorado and Utah are added to his already Arizona and New Mexico.
Next week begins the traveling, with orientation at headquarters in not too shabby Newport Beach and then home for a day and out to Florida for 4 days for a conference. Then I have already forgotten the other conference he is off to and this is in addition to him already needing to visit his territories.
September is going to be difficult because our sweet Ju Ju got a full time job and this was her last week doing mornings with us. She will still do date night and random weekend nights. I am desperately looking for help because our dear sweet Mandi is also moving back home to New Jersey. So two amazing sitters, gone! I'm not as panicked however, because mornings are pretty easy with Aisie two days a week and then Teagie and A two days a week and three on Friday. It's the afternoons that are going to frazzle me for sure. I'm trying to buck up already though!
Less than 8 weeks away to my Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon Girls trip in San Francisco! I'm taking a leg rest this week. They were really hurting and it freaked me out so I stopped everything. Will ease back into everything tomorrow with just the elliptical and see how my legs react. With us having a new job we are on Cobra right now and our insurance isn't in effect until Oct 1st! And Caden was in dire stomach pain tonite and actually had us thinking he was having appendicitis. So far so good though! Thankfully our new company will pay for anything that Cobra doesn't until it kicks in. Whew!! We are so blessed it is so humbling and amazing!! Especially recognizing how tough the job market is these days.
My nephew is coming out for a visit in October during fall break! He's so into rocket launching and is shipping a big boy out here and going to go out to the desert with Mike and hopefully our neighbor to launch it. It will be so nice to spend time with him, he's 13 already! He and I were so close when he was 2 and 3. I totally got him and his ways, which has helped me be a better mom to my zoo. Very similar traits they all have like him.
Teagan had an AWESOME day at school yesterday. I'm into bribing these days. Did it for dance with both the girls on Wednesday and they BOTH didn't cry going into class! In fact Aislinn demanded a kiss and a hug from me ;-) But I digress on Teagan. She really had to go to the bathroom when we arrived at school, so we dropped Riordan off and then hit the potty. It made us late and Ms. Lisa was already in the room, the classroom helper and my friend and Riordan's friend's mom!, waiting for her. Normally at this point too, she is already crying and resisting going in. None of it, of course I had told her earlier that I really didn't want her to cry and I would get her a special treat if she didn't. She was great!! So I got her a matching Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet and gave it to her when I picked her up. She can't find it know of course, but said she really loved it and was absolutely BEAMING when I bragged on her to Mike and to Julie about her day! She was very proud of herself!
Aislinn has had two great days of going in regular clothes and not having any accidents! Fingers crossed we are almost done with potty training! She has figured out if she waits for nap she will poop then, so I cut out naps! HA! And she has slept better at night because she was waking up a few times lately when she did nap, all night long. However, I have absolutely no break during the day and mommy feels like she's going to lose it a lot of the time.
Riordan still is excelling in his classroom! Big moment of the week that brought me to tears: We had a playdate with friends from school at McD's. Usually Riordan would just sit and eat and then play on his own. He was totally engaged with the other boys, laughing and playing, and actually a bit aggressive towards two bigger boys who were being rough! I was absolutely stunned and so proud! Whenever I doubt what path we are leading him down, then something like this happens and we can applaud our choices because it is totally working for him!
Caden has had two bad weeks at school :( He has been getting N's on his progress reports because he is Mr. Social Butterfly which leads to not listening to his teacher AND he hasn't been turning in his work on time from home. Last week he was hysterical about it and so remorseful we felt no need to punish him any further. This week, no tears and really wasn't bothered by it. Well we were so disappointed. Send an email to his teacher, took all playdates away, the Wii (which was already gone the week before because he punched a friend at church GOOD NITE!) and anything on the computer that wasn't school related. His teacher already said he had a much better week and showed a lot more self control. I can't wait to see his progress report on Monday!
He was very upset when he came home today though and complained of a stomach ache and that something bad happened at school and he didn't want to talk about it. We couldn't get anything out of him on it and now he says he forgot... Not sure whatever has made him upset could be making his stomach hurt?
I got to have a date with my bestest Kristi last night. We hit Kona for dinner, some shopping and then it was still early that we went to Fleming's for Chocolate Lava Cake! She had never had it and finally we had the chance to do it! We drove through a monsoon to get it too! It was well worth the trip and we can't wait to go back and do it again ;-) I had the best time, it had been so long since we got to sit and just talk about everything! Love her so much!
We have absolutely nothing planned for this holiday weekend and couldn't be happier about it. I'm getting a lot of busy work done for work and going to enjoy our family time before Mike hits the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment