Monday, January 07, 2008

Updates what we've done since Christmas!

Well first we had a glorious visit from my sister and her son from the 26th-30th of December!
It was such a good time! I wish we could have gotten out more, but with Aislinn's cold, which turned out to be RSV, we couldn't do much of anything.

We did take the boys and our neighbors children to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks. IT was packed, but we got seats on the no so stadium level and the little boys boosters to watch it. We made it through the entire movie without a potty break! It was a nice break for the day.

So back to Aislinn, even though her RSV test on Christmas Eve's visit to the ER was negative, when I took her to her follow up allergy appointment and follow up for the ER visit two days later, both doctor's immediately said that's RSV! before we even began reviewing anything!
But it's like the common cold, the only reason for admittance to the hospital is low oxygen levels and dehydration. We were close to dehydration, but the treatments allowed her to finally keep down her feedings. She came off of treatments 7 days later. SO her blood work was all negative for food panels. We have no idea why she had the allergic reaction she did, but will follow up in 6 months if she gets another RSV cough. Being that asthma does run in our immediate family, she is at risk for getting it. By the way, I officially declare Caden asthma free. No episodes in over a year! He has definitely out grown it! ;-) So and her follow up went well too with Dr. Sudha. We still have to suction out her nose, but that horrible cough is gone! I wasn't sure we'd make it to GA with having it. Didn't want to expose her to more viruses if she wasn't well yet. Last Wednesday we had her PT consult for tortecollis. The PT said no therapy! She did see the lean to the left, but since I noticed it I began therapy that I learned from Riordan on her. She said apparently that has really made a huge difference and the flat spot she had on her head is even rounded out already! (no wonder I'm so tired with all these doctor's visits!)

Riordan. I thought I may have to take him in to see a speech therapist. He doesn't enuciate his words at all, at least I thought. That is until I got home and today I can hear him so clearly and his vocabulary has increased significantly as well! So I will still keep an eye on him. I know that I have to remember that because he had tortecollis so severely that everything from speech to motor skills can and will be signicficantly delayed. He goes back to school on Tuesday and doesn't want to go ;-)

Teagan. She's about to pass Riordan by with her speech. She's a sponge. She's a diva, the boss, and still the prettiest almost 2 year old princess! TWO in March! I can't believe it! She does everything you ask of her, and more. She love baked goods too just like mommy!

Caden. What more can I say?! He's amazing. He's 5 and very proud to be five. He's an amazing helper for me at home. Wants to help most of the time, and is so smart. My dad commented on how well he can run a computer and said he could learn many things from Caden on it. He's still my cuddle bug, still sleeps in our bed if we let him, and missed his daddy SO MUCH on our trip. Thinks plane trips are boring now and not scared of them like July. I don't blame him on the boring part. Our DVD player died coming home, I thought it was fully charged and only lasted 2 hours.

Caden, Riordan, and Teagan fight ALL the time. They hit, pinch, bite and scream at each other. But in a seconds notice they share, hug, and kiss each other. I constantly remind them to a) work it out and b) that when they hurt each other to first say sorry c) this is your only brother/sister you have for the rest of your life, you love and cherish them forever until you die! (Until we die mommy? UNTIL YOU DIE!) ;-)

How Aislinn is going to fit into the three musketeers will be comical I'm sure. She is quite an angel though and is the apple of all three of her siblings eye's. She will surely run the zoo. 

And last but certainly not least, we had a 2 month visit from Grammy and Papa. The first couple of weeks Grammy was here without Papa, so she divided her time between the two Malloy households. She was so wonderful at helping me with everyday chores and most importantly played every single game the children wanted to play and willingly!
When Papa got here the moved on to a house in Surprise (it was a great opportunity!), so visits weren't as many as we had hoped or liked to have had. But the visits we did have, were wonderful and amazing! Everyday after they left back for the west side, I would be asked every 5 mins when they were coming back. 
They left for wintery Boston the day before we left for Atlanta. 
They said they had such a great time and enjoyed their time that they would do it again next year! How great!!
I pray you had good travels and uneventful at that! 
We can't wait for you to come back! Next year, we hope we can see you A LOT more!!

Okay now that I feel significantly well in updating, I am going to go play with the kiddos before my girls make it to clean my dirty abode.

No comments: