Saturday, September 06, 2008

22 hours later

I'm just so amazed by my vision!
The procedure went very very well!
They were so wonderful at Dr. Schwartz's office!
They triple check you eyesight with a different machine and my left eye actually came up with different numbers so they had to reenter data after doing my right eye. While that went on, my left eye began to feel again so when he went to work on it, I could feel sharpness. Didn't freak me out at all and calmly said, "I can feel that" 
He then put about 3 drops of numbing in my eye, it took right away and he went back to working on my eye! Seriously the whole procedure for each eye was about 15-20 seconds for each! I layed in the procedure room probably about 10 minutes?! 
When it was done I could see perfectly, but it was as if I had protein build up on my contacts, so everything was foggy or hazy.
I kept my eyes closed most of the ride home, and went to bed for 6 hours. The first 2 hours were so hard to fall asleep! My eyes were very irritated and it bothered me more to have them closed then open. But it was better to have them closed for a faster healing process. After my 6 hours, the irritation had calmed down a lot and a lot of the foggyness was gone as well!
The drops for artificial tears are just perfect for when it did get irritated. 
I began to clean our house like a mad women with all the pent up energy! LOL I had to take tylenol PM again to go to sleep at 10.
This morning waking up, my vision was really blurry, couldn't see very well, but after drops and about 5 mins, it was clear again. The only thing I notice and did last night as well, is if I turn my eyes to the side to look out the corners, it's a sharp pain. Doesn't seem abnormal though since my cornea's have been cut and it may be too much pressure on them.
I'm driving myself to my follow up in a few minutes and then will go to the gym for non sweating cardio.

My rules for this week:

Do not get eyes wet in shower for a week, and absolutely no swimming or hot tub for 30 days.
Wear goggles  everytime I go to sleep for 1 week.
Do not rub or touch eyes for 1 week.
Absolutely no eye makeup for 1 week.
Do not workout to where you are sweating into the eyes for 1 week.
Use eye drops every hour, antibiotic and anti inflammation drops every 4 hours, and Restaysis 2x a day for a week.
Get as much rest as possible, sleep heals!


By the way! I lost 0 pounds this week! LOL I really ate some yummy food. Didn't gain so I'm okay! This next week I will have to really curb the food and hopefully with the lighter cardio I can still lose. Next week I can kick it back up into my mileage in the morning with distance running!

No comments: