I still have my corner in the kitchen to declutter and a ton of paper work to file. It makes my skin crawl to look at, yet I can't seem to find the motivation to sort through it, but I did for disgusting carseats? Hmmmm.... avoidance definitely.
I didn't get my run in the morning. I let Mike go. I know I'm a good wife. Apparently I have motivated him into getting back into shape. So now he goes before me. This morning there wasn't going to be enough time for my run and his, so he's coming home early and I will go use the treadmill at the gym. So I slept in an hour and let me tell you, I like getting up earlier better! I know, I'm crazy!!
Caden was chosen, out of a hat, to be VIP this week in his classroom! He did an "All About Me Poster" and took in a show and tell object today. It was from his Happy Meal yesterday of one of the Clone War Troopers, Rex I think? Does anyone know if he's a good guy? I'm so lost on the last Star Wars, didn't see it and that's who he wants to be for Trick or Treating this year. I told him I needed to research on if he's a good guy, cause we don't allow bad guys as characters in our home. I personally think that's just asking for trouble right there.
So the rest of the week is Wednesday: bring a special book, Thursday: Invite a special guest to lunch.. daddy can't go, so I'm trying to make it happen, and Friday he gets to pick a prize from their treasure box.
He also is door holder this week. And he goes, "Did you know that I'm VIP and door holder this week? I'm a lucky guy!" He blew me away with this comment. So I asked, "Did your teacher say that Caden?" He goes, "Nope, it's just the way I feel!" The mouth of babes!
We have a pretty mellow week, due to not knowing how I was going to do with surgery... If lunch doesn't work out Thursday, then we are going to a friends house for lunch. Wednesday dance of course and Riordan has soccer practice (fingers crossed), and Friday I have my follow up exam for my 1 week post procedure and Mike has poker that night.
Caden takes his CATS test on Saturday morning and Riordan has a game and the rest of the weekend is family time. Can't wait!
I got to go and have a small day of me this past Sunday. Mall, oh how I have missed it, and then got my very over grown roots touched up. It was a nice day and Mike was so nice to let me get out. He was a bit frazzled when I got home, so I felt pretty bad.
Before I forget! We had an amazing visit with Cousin/Uncle Kevin a week ago Saturday and still have yet to post about it much less the pictures!! We decided Uncle Kevin would work best with the zoo since they register cousin to their age. It was so wonderful to see him! He made a us feel so special with his visit because he flew from CA to TX back to AZ, just to come in and see John, Amy, Maddy, and then a visit with us on Saturday! We had such a great time catching up, and Amy and I drank champagne while Kevin, Mike and John drank a lot of beer ;-) Ate some yummy pizza and salad and the zoo just loved Kevin! The boys really took to him and they play fought a lot and then Teagan near the end really opened up to him! Aislinn, well she was Aislinn and was fine as long as I was touching her LOL. Riordan was priceless. He kept coming back for more tickles and getting thrown on the couch and his laughter was beautiful. Just seeing more and more of a little boy I knew he could be everyday! Not the painfully shy little boy he once was.
Also, my brother and his wife made it to the Tuscon area from Alaska a week ago! I finally have family close by!! Well John and Amy of course, but to have my brother, Johnny, just a couple of hours away is so wonderful! Hopefully we will see him and Libby very soon! They haven't seen Caden since he was 4 days old and have never met Riordan, Teagan, or Aislinn! Kind of hard when you live in Alaska ;-) They drove their entire journey down some beautiful and not so beautiful roads I hear. I can't wait to see them!
Oh just as I sit, the phone is ringing off the hook and my 'twins' are fighting while the baby is waking up. So I will post those pics from Kevin's visit today I hope! Can't wait to go for a run this afternoon, I know, I'm crazy!
1 comment:
I am so glad that your eye procedure went well! How cute Caden's words were....I wish you were closer because I would love for my boys to play with your zoo. Ethan and Caden would keep us in amazement and I know Ryan would join right in with the 'fighting' with R & T!
Post a Comment