Sunday, September 21, 2008

Poor Mike and a convicting weekend!

He has strep throat! I thought he was just being a baby this weekend, okay so yeah his forehead was burning up, but mine would be too if I was in jeans, long sleeves, and cozy red socks (my labor and delivery socks mind ya) and piled under covers. He literally did not get out of bed once I sent him home yesterday at Caden's football game. That was at 9:30 am. 
I have been bitter and grouchy, just plain exhausted from the week already of my job... Was hoping for a small break and when his fever would break for a bit, it would come back even harder. My girl Christa brought it to my attention of strep today, not thinking adult symptoms, because the kids throw up with it here... He drove to Urgent Care today and yep it was immediately positive! Oh how bad I feel and now I'm really babying him ;-)
24 hours he should feel so much better and just in time cuz it's his birthday tomorrow and he is going out of town for the whole week with a brief layover here Wednesday night...
We had to cancel our night out last night, he was miserable! And I was so grouchy because I wanted that night out! Been looking forward to it all week... Well next weekend we will make up for it with our night away for one of his reps wedding in Phoenix.

I took the Zoo to church this morning and it was not an easy task. We had to be there earlier than normal due to our church's 10 year celebration on the campus we are at. Plus it's our 1 year celebration of the Ripple Effect, raising funds for our expansion. Got all the kiddos in their places, did check ins and went and found a seat. As I sat there, I began to read over the notes we were going to take. It seemed to be a review of our mission, the Ripple Effect and such and found myself very tempted to sneak out and hang out in the ramanda with all the yummy food and drinks. Just take a break for myself, to decompose from an already taxing weekend and know that the week was going to be harder. I decided to stay.
So I found myself once again, completely convicted of my actions towards Mike and my attitude this weekend towards 'single moming' it. At the end they did a program were members of our church came out with poster boards of how they were not in a good place and then would flip it over with the place they were now because of the effects of our church and ultimately God. At first I thought it was examples, but QUICKLY realized that each of these 40 some people were actually 'exposing' themselves to the congregation of their hardships in their life and how they either over came them or dealing with them. For example: one woman had she had been a prostitute, drug addict, and kids were taken away from here ~ flips it over~ clean and has her children back. I have no addictions (well not drug or alchol) and I have my children. I begin to weep. A few were meth addicts and such, flip, and  clean. Couple on card  about to divorce, flip, and marriage restored.. Older man on card, couldn't walk ~flip~ can walk now. Man on card, I have cancer ~ flip~ and I'm dealing with it.
All this time I am losing it, I couldn't sing after the first couple of words already crying was going to make me lose it more, I had a hard time looking at the faces of the people I knew up there and found myself only looking at the cards because I am pretty much balling at this point. Then the last one, because I'm looking at the cards only is 'hurt by the lose of our son' flip 'healed by God and CCC' (CCC is our church) I look up and it's our pastor and his wife. Okay I'm done, forget tissue nothing can help me at this point. They lost their son to HIV after he recieved a blood transfusion at the young age of 8 (I think) He only made it a few years and passed away.  Completely convicted by all my thoughts and actions of this weekend.  
Because yes it's hard to do it all on your own and it just sucks, but it's not permanent. We are doing okay with the financial woes of this day and Mike is still at the best employer with all that has been going on with AIG, which by the way who he worked for, for 8 years before he took this job with AXA the past 3 years. We have our health (we have ailments we can and will overcome!), amazing children, a roof over our head, and food in our fridge. We have got it good. 
I constantly get reminders of this and our nightly prayer is thanking God for our lifestyle and Mike's job, but this was a huge huge HUGE moving moment for me. I so hate that he missed it and hope that they post it on Youtube or something, because I really think that it would be something you should all see.


Okay and on a lighter note, Caden scored his very first touchdown this weekend! HE is a totally different player this season! Totally into the game and a go getter! He even pulled three flags! It helps that he has three friends on the team and the other boys have become immediate friends as well. They have a great coach and they have great attitudes! This is going to be a great season!
Oh and it was so blazing hot, the grass had been irrigated so we ants everywhere, we were all getting attacked, so Mike took the three youngers home. It was too much for the children who were cranky already. I can't wait for cooler weather! And next time we will bring ant spray! To surrond our perimeter...

Aislinn is about to take off on walking. She now walks with our hands and is fast fast fast! She is just so adorable! Starting to teeth the molars and they are not fun as they shouldn't be ;-)

Okay I'm off to watch the Emmy's and then give the kiddos a late bath. They all napped today which means late bedtimes!! 

No comments: