Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Adjusting

To being back home and AZ time zone. Everyone is getting up so early even though we kept them on AZ time. Yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open. Today is a lot better.

Everyone went back to schedules today. Caden and Riordan to school and Teagan to dance and me to Training with Joe. I even got 30 mins on the elliptical and I went hardcore to make up for the fact I wasn't doing an hour. Time crunch. Everyone did great getting back to the same ole same ole!

This Saturday I'm doing my first ever 5k with my friend Susie for CUSD Families in Crisis. I'm completely healed from tendinitis and very excited. At the same time Mr. Mom, aka Mike, will have the zoo for Caden's flag football morning. Thankfully my friend Heather will take Caden at 7:30 in the morning for pictures! YIKES! Thank you thank you! That way Mike doesn't have to wake anyone up. Aislinn woke up today with a runny nose and a low fever. I hope it's molar teething. She's had her fingers in her mouth for 2 weeks now. She's still taking about 10 steps and is a pro at walking and holding just one hand. New word is Mama! And in context! Makes my heart melt ;-)

In just 1 1/2 weeks me and my friend Tracy will begin a month of bootcamp 3x a week! I can't wait! It's at 6 am and it has been in the mid 50's then at that time. Nice to get dressed warmly and then when I get hot the cool weather is going to feel great! I'm also ready for a new challenge and something fun to do with a group. I love training with Joe,  I love running, but I find myself wanting more! Weird! And Tracy is going to surprise herself at how great she's going to do! I promise! I was just there in February!! ;-)

I have changed up swimming for the zoo again. As much as we liked switching back to Joel, he just wasn't teaching, just making it playtime, in fact Riordan has completely relapsed to crying in the pool, Caden stopped trusting, and Teagan wasn't swimming anymore. We had a make up with Kristen yesterday, who was the one to get Riordan to stop crying and Caden to trust and swim for the first time, and Teagan to swim! I switched R and T to semi private with her on Saturday's at 11. That means Mike is on his own with Caden for football. Hopefully we will get to see the first half of the game and then cut out. Thursday's at 4:30 Caden will be in a Manatee's class with a 3 year old girl. He could care less of the age, and is super excited that he's not in class with his siblings anymore and it's all about him. It's with Kristina, who I have seen teach and I really like her style. So I made sure they conveyed that it wasn't personal, but that this just isn't playtime for us, we really want to be swimmers and be able to use our pools in Chandler and go on vacation and not have heart attacks all the time.

Also, effective yesterday I answered a plea to our MOMS Club for AVP. I know I know what was I thinking. Well I was thinking that 2 years ago I stepped down as President and wanted to give back more now that I'm not nursing or pregnant. Now to find someone to take over Helping Hands, that I've been doing for my 2nd year now. I have to say life is easier with four. I'm really honored they would accept me, this wonderful board we have, and looking forward to seeing Moms on a more regular basis within club activities.

This is a busy week for me socially! I have a birthday dinner for two dear friends Thursday night, Rena's 1 year stem cell transplant party on Friday, my 5k on Saturday morning, lasering appointment in the afternoon and then the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk that night with the family. Sunday I have an appointment for my roots too, besides church that morning! I'm tired already just thinking about it! What doesn't break me will make me right?! Bring it on! ;-)

No comments: