Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ay!!

Who all is tired of this injury of my leg that is preventing me to getting back to pounding the pavement?
AY!!!

Let me first say that cortizone injections rock!! Ever since I did that almost 2 weeks ago for my hip, I have had complete relief from the bursitis, minus the first two days that followed and I was so sore at the injection site and actually limping around.

So, after experiencing the pain in my leg still, again, whatever, from a week ago Sunday, Dr. Davis saw me on Thursday and ordered an MRI. 

I had it done this morning bright and early at 7 am. For those who have never done this, it is quite a long production of getting images of just my leg. 40 mins in the machine to be exact. My technician was wonderful though! It is so hard to convince your body to be absolutely still that long!! My body would twitch in the oddest places! And the noise, to me at first while very loud, became quite soothing. So much in fact that the music I was listening to was getting on my nerves. So I recommend, earplugs vs music. It's so distorted and I was on a morning show and all the talking and commericals were so irritating. Maybe would have been a lot different with just classical music too I'm thinking.

So Dr. Davis should have those results in a couple of days and I'm going back in Friday morning before I leave for, oh wait do you know? ATLANTA!! to visit my new nephew!! I am so excited! I got an incredible deal. But wait, before I go onto another subject. We are looking at a possible stress fracture, yet again. My leg  just throbs and aches all the time now. The technician also noticed my leg is very swollen when I was on the table. Something I hadn't noticed before, but did today and of course right were the pain is. So whatever is going on, hopefully it's not going to be a hard thing to heal. I know a lot of what is going to happen is a lot of leg rest, which is sooo hard for me, because I depend on my exercise for kicking off my day. I have already taken a break from being a client in Bootcamp, and just teaching since that doesn't require me to have to run and do our plyometrics. I'm dying and it's only been since Friday that I haven't taken class!

So back to Atlanta! I leave Friday and get back Sunday. The quickest trip in history for me really, I think I'm there a total of 30 some hours? Friday night I get in about 6:30 and will stay down in Atlanta with my older sister, and then Saturday drive her to work, and then drive up to stay with my baby sister and see her family! Drive back down Saturday evening to pick up Susan, and then Sunday morning I fly out... Worth every moment. I really can't wait.

Mike also booked a trip for him and the boys to Boston Memorial Day weekend. That is going to be so special for them! Plus gives me a whole girl weekend with my girls to do some fun girly things! 

I can feel live getting easier to manage the past few days. I really was struggling with juggling it all. Caden is done with Running Club. Soon we should be doing swim class again, and both boys are going to be on the same Football team on Saturdays, and I can't wait to see how Riordan does.

Riordan has graduated to every other week for Speech Therapy. He has really made such an improvement in his enuanciation and pronounciation in his L's and really working hard on his pirate R's !!! What is most impressive is he corrects himself immediately everytime he falls back in to old patterns. So cute too, he will shake his head and say " I mean..." 

Teagan even corrects her L's and enuanciates as well, think I've mentioned that before, but so incredible! Two for the price of one ;-)

Aislinn is ruling the roost and don't know how that's going to work out when Teagan realizes Aisie is not a baby anymore but a little full talking, demanding little girl soon!

Caden's top left tooth is loose! But I'm sure it will be 6 months before it comes out ;-) We have dentist appointments in March and he can't wait to show Dr. Welch his new adult teeth, they are coming in so fast! Need to get a pic of the progress.

Off to study now, and get off this computer! I'm at my office and the cookies are quite distracting. Do you know were I am?! :-) Love free Wi-Fi!

1 comment:

Jen said...

r u at paradise bakery?