These are some of my favorite pictures from our getaway to Flag
The first time they ever saw snow in person! And they were thrilled with this, love their hearts!
Just like I was raised, cowboy boots and a gun in hand ;-) Right!
Malloy's at the bar, suprising right? Riordan didn't want to pose....
So I bribed him with a quarter and it worked!
Beautiful Maddy, little sweety was completely adored by all her cousins!
I think it's safe to say that Aislinn is not shy...
Teagie loves her Aunt Amy, who can blame her?!
Trying on the snowsuits, and thanks to the Jones' family for letting us borrow them!
The snow ball fight!
The girls!
Making snow balls
Snow bunny!
Another one!
Picture time!
So sweet!
It was snowing so hard!
Not sure what to make of all of it
Snow Angels!
Totally having a blast!
All bundled up!
In the meantime, we got a lot of QT with John, Amy, and Maddy and saw a little bit of Flagstaff. It was sooooo cold though, that we were indoors a lot it seemed. Nights entailed some wine tasting for Amy and I and just a lot of great conversations for us!
We did have an adventurous Saturday night. Started off with Teagan throwing up on me, she stayed up with us, because she had a horrible cough for a few days. So that cleared out our party for a bit as we took a bath and both got cleaned up. When Uncle John and Aunt Amy came back through our adjoining door, which we prop open because it's on a spring hinge, we had forgotten to prop it and it latched closed. We all kind of looked at each other and were like uh oh.
We had no key, the key door had the flip bolt on, and the adjoining door had no handle on our side to reopen! I immediately think that this is going to be a 911 call. I realize that oh yes we have a key, because we have had three all day and in fact one was theirs... So that allowed us to get in and see just a peek into the room, but no such luck in moving that flip bolt no matter what was done. John went downstairs to inform the front desk, who was totally stumped on what to do, but he received A for effort by coming up to the room and assessing the situation.
It was janitor that saved the day. He came in and took a look about popping off the 'handle area' and then came up with a clever idea. He got the pool pole, John opened the door to the crack and he slide the pole in and pushed the lido handle down and then Mike pushed the door open from our side! Three pair of hands to get into the room, but it was done!! And Maddy slept through the whole ordeal. Amy was never one bit upset, just cracking up the whole time, as was Mike. I was in awe watching the whole thing, as was Teagan and poor John was upset with himself because he was the one ;-) We were trying to let him know the whole time that she would be fine and we would get in there somehow!!
The next morning, we woke up to a winter wonderland! We went down to have breakfast and then got ready for a fun morning out! After playing up front with Maddy for a bit, we headed to Wing Mountain, which is right past Sno Bowl for skiing. It wasn't crowed at all and we got a front row parking space! Things were really looking up! We walked along the path to go buy sleds and it began to snow and hard. The children we all pretty miserable at this point. I had brought the wrong gloves, knit not waterproof, and they were already cold hands because of playing in the snow along the way and making snow angels.
We got our sleds and went for the hills! Caden was so excited and so brave! Mike walked them up the first hill and I hung back with Aislinn, who was not happy. Caden got on his sled and went down head first, his first time ever! Then Riordan, who's screaming and crying, wanted Mike to pull he and Teagan down the hill, and not let go. Mike tried, but the sled was to fast and he kept falling. It was quite funny. Teagan was loving it and Riordan was screaming and then they flipped off. Yeah, it was hilarious and painful to watch at the same time ;-)
Meanwhile, Caden was hiking up the big hill! Once Mike made it to me, I went up after him, because I was certain he'd get to the top and not go, it was so steep! When I got to him, he was like where do I go. I asked him a couple of times if he was sure he wanted to do it. Without hesitation he says YES! Then I ask, do you want me to go with you? He say yes again! What was I thinking?!! Well, I was thinking I was a wimp for being so nervous when he wasn't! LOL
We both got on the sled and away we went! It was so much fun! I had my feet down because we didn't fit quite so well together on it, so we got snow sprayed a bit on the way. But wow it was so much fun, we both wanted to do it again but the 'twins' and A were miserable!
So we headed over to the hot chocolate and fire pit, tried to warm up, but the on going snow showers were just too much. We went back to the hotel, with a few tears from Caden and packed up. Of course fate would have it that we got all done in record time and were in the car, getting nice and toasty. Mike pulled up behind a truck that had been plowing the parking lot. He was at the exit, like he was going to leave. Well he didn't have that in mind. He threw his truck in reverse and slammed into the front of our truck. I was the only one affected because I was twisted to the back getting my sunglasses and no seat belt on. I felt it all day yesterday, but today thank God my muscles have stopped spasming. Like I need another flipping injury!
The damage seems to be only cosmetic and the cops came and issued a report so we can now call his insurance company and get the car fixed. I pray it doesn't take forever, that poor front end has been so beat up time and time again!
More tears from Caden as we finally could hit the road, it broke my heart. We really hope to go again, but it's not likely being the next couple of months every weekend we both have something going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment