I have stress fractures in BOTH of my legs! Yep, both!! Amazing!! And so crazy!
They are level 3 stress fractures, 4 is as high as you can go.
I am on complete leg rest for 2 weeks, this includes climbing stairs! No elliptical, no bike, definitely no running, jumping, kicking, squatting with weights, etc. Basically I can literally only walk flat surfaces, LOL.
In two weeks I follow up and might get elliptical and bike lifted.
This is a direct result of running 10 miles on concrete and 3 miles outside my pace the first 3 miles AND running on shin splints to begin with and THEN never really giving my body a break to heal itself. Please if can pass on any words of wisdom, don't run on concrete and don't run through the pain! EVER!
The doc was surprised that I had them both in my legs because I never really complained of pain, just aggravations. I told him with 4 kids, you just do it, right? And he said that's the patient he has to take a closer look at because it's usually more serious than whats presenting.
Yeah, my legs ache and throb, especially after working out, when I lie down, when I get up, when I press on the brake sometimes. But what can you do? Well, rest darn it! I don't want to be in boots or on crutches! ;-)
So rest it is for 2 weeks and trying to stay away from all cookies and brownies to curb my depression of not getting to workout!
2 comments:
Wow - what a bummer. You have been pushing yourself really hard lately, so see this as a message that you need to actually rest and take care of yourself...easier said than done.
Hope you heal quick and well!
Actually I haven't been pushing it at all ;-)
I have been in PT since beginning of January with doctor's orders of no running and haven't ran since Dec 6th....
It was missed in the initial exam, he didn't think that I had them in both legs when he did his 'pain exam' on both legs. ;-)
Totally on the mend and doing great! Just glad I finally got the right diagnosis!
Post a Comment