We had our 1st appointment today! It went very well. Mike was able to come with me.
We did the normal stuff and my office has gotten so high tech, that they now have a portable u/s machine!
So my doctor goes, let's take a quick peek at the baby.
We were all looking and saw the baby and he/she's wonderful heartbeat, but it seemed there were possibly two babies!
She goes, I'm going to have the tech do an u/s on you as well.
Her u/s showed only one and the yolk sac seemed to have mimicked an exact shape of another baby. Mike had panicked for about 10 minutes, I was excited! How neat would that have been to have two babies growing inside of me!
The only thing I'm not happy with is they changed my due date by a whole week and a day! I told them that all my babies measured off by a week in the beginning and then by 20 weeks they were either on track or had surpassed it.
I told them to mark my word that I would be measuring 21 weeks or more at my 20 week u/s. My only concern is that of having a large baby with my history. My doctor assured me she wouldn't let that happen, and she did the same with Teagan which is why she was here by her due date and a whooping 8lbs 10 oz. If I had gone passed she surely would have be a 9 pounder. And it's not that I'm afraid of having a large baby, because it's not hard on me at all, it's just Riordan had such difficulty breathing, with his high rep rate after he was born, and I can't even count how many times I heard it was because he was so big.
I go back on Teagan's birthday to have my next appointment. I'm not changing my due date on my blog until my 20 week u/s and I see were we are. I of course want a mature baby, but fourth time around has shown me that history DOES repeat itself and my babies grow differently than the text book. I have pics that I will scan in later. I'm off to nap..
Oh by the way, I'm very ill today infact I believe my body is making up for not being ill yesterday! :-(
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats!! I am glad everything went well today and you got to see a heartbeat, what a relief!!! I'll be thinking of you often during your pregnancy!!
Tracy
Post a Comment