Saturday, August 09, 2008

And now I'm sick...

I started a sore throat yesterday afternoon about 4 ish. Never a good sign to happen in the middle of the day. Still went to the Braves game where we beat the pants off the DB's. Mike and I stayed till the end of the top of the 9th. Chipper hit a homer for us!
Our section had quite a few Brave's fans. We had four guys sitting to our right, three of them from Savannah! I immediately felt like I was back at home from there southern drunken drawl's and watching the game at Turner Field instead of Chase Stadium.
Sore throat was still there, but a little number by the huge cup of beer I drank. We got home abut 10:30 and soon fast to sleep. It was such a long day. In the middle of the night I woke up to swollen touching tonsils and searing pain and a stuffed up nose. Nothing soothed it :( I pray it's not strep but will give it another day. I do have a yucky nose, and my throat is still irritated from laryngisitis in June, so the combo could be the reason for such inflammation. 
I still made it to training this morning, which seemed to help dull the pain.. all those endorphine's running through my body. But an hour or so later, it came back just as fierce. I did manage to make it to sprouts to pick up food for Aislinn. I have been in bed since I got home.
I'm not able to go out tonite with the girls either, which I have already talked with Marcie and she's so understanding. It sucks, I hate to miss it, but I have to rest and get well to tend to the zoo come Monday.
Mike took everyone to swim class! He's so amazing!
So I'm just resting and I'm starving, but I can't eat LOL.. great! I needed a good fast ;-)

No comments: