Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mike and I are getting away!

At about 11 we are out the door for a 24 hour get away! I am so excited!
We are going to do a little window shopping in Scottsdale and eat lunch then we will head to the hotel where we will have our facials and couple massage. Then a little relaxing by the shaded pool, it really is nice in the shade in the desert, and then take our time getting ready for our 8 pm dinner. 
I'm up early because the girls woke up. They are back to sleep now and I just pray that they sleep well for Leah. 
We had a late night for them. We hosted small group here. We are studying "The Truth Project" It is so good! I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever had any and all doubts about Jesus.
So Teagan didn't make it to stay at the 'kid's house'. Where we drop off so the kids can play while we host here. She got so upset and anxious about staying there, that she threw up and on the babysitter, our beloved Chris from church. She threw up on Mike. She threw up on herself. When Mike and she walked back through the door last night, they were such a sad sad sight to behold. Got them both changed and she watched 'Incredibles' in our room while we were in the main room. By the end, she was either on my lap or Mike's.  The boys were exhausted when they got home and very cranky. Such a long long day.
Oh and an update again on my Physical Therapy. Everything is staying put again and if it does for the next two weeks, I'm done. Fingers crossed!
I thought I had hurt it again earlier this week. Riordan was trying to get to the potty in our room and tripped over the stool. He face planted on the rim of the toilet. It was one of those cry's, you know as a parent the difference, that he was really hurt. Blood everywhere! His eye tooth almost went through his lip! He has a puncture mark on the outside of his lip from it hitting so hard on the inside! So in the moment, I couldn't get to him fast enough and my back felt like it went out of whack. Once I had calmed him down with love, cold wash cloth, and daddy got him and icee, I then iced my back. I hate saying now it's doing good because I'm fearful now of more set backs!
I worked out yesterday morning for the first time since last Saturday. I have had no energy or be able to breathe well because of this cold. So we went for a walk with a couple of jogging intervals yesterday. It was such a great feeling to run outside! Today I have another session, actually in about an hour. Then rush home for swim lessons at 9 and find sometime to pack in there in between!
Please pray for the children to be on their best behavior, to be well, and for all to be safe and us all have a good time for this next 24 hours!

Oh and you will notice that I have a new link on my right. One of my dear friends, that I have been out of touch with from back home in Georgia, has a super cute blog that she writes! Also she wrote a book for newlywed girls that comes out in September! Lo it's so nice to be back in touch with you!! I'm so proud of you and you never cease to amaze me! You rock! I can't wait to read your book! Much love to you guys and hope we can meet up in October!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Heather, I'm so glad that we reconnected, too! I'm looking forward to reading your blog and hearing more about you and your family. Have fun on your getaway - smiles!