Friday, September 19, 2008

Injured


Again... this time it's in my ankle area... from running. We are hoping it is just tendonitits, but it's not getting better with no running for 4 days now. In fact I would say it's a bit more painful!
I'm so frustrated and a bit depressed. Funny, now I start to eat and yep I have already put on some more weight... totally 20 steps back. It never ceases to amaze me at how hard it is to come off, but how easy it is to pack it on! And it's just a few Paradise Bakery Cookies! Nothing else like an In and Out Burger, Fries and such? That might have been worth it!
It actually hurts to walk now, where before it didn't. It's wrapped, I ice it about 4 times a day and I use good ole aspercreme, since I can't ingest any anti inflammatorys. 
I hope after this weekend it will finally break and get better. If not, by Monday I'm going in, that would be a week.

This morning is Donuts with Dad at Caden's school and Spirit Day of your favorite team. So Caden is in his Red Sox shirt and just thrilled that daddy is going for donuts with him! It's an easy day today.. Riordan has school, so Teagan will hang with me. Our house is trashed so I will be picking up clutter and recleaning from the week. Which was pretty easy. I saw a movie Tuesday night with Kristi "The Women". Slow to start and a bit awkward but I really enjoyed it, despite what the critics are saying. Very interesting to have no men in it! Which might be what it was lacking? But the story was great and anyone could relate to it. 
Caden had Flag Football Practice on Wednesday night and I went to do another 6 week assessment. 

I lost 2.8% more body fat, and 1/2 inch off waist, hips, thigh, abs, and gained a 1/2 on my arms ;-) Muscle! My VO2 Max increased 3.4 points!! I was able to go into level 5 and finish it before topping out. It's the last level so I have acheived it! Also, I'm in the 85% of top health compared to women my age. I started at 40% in February! So even with the few lbs this week, my health has immensely improved. I just need to get off the baked goods again which today is a new day ;-) No baked goods!

Oh and yesterday I was in Caden's classroom for Art Masterpiece. It's a program taught by the parents. It's about Masterpiece Artist and each month they learn about someone new and then do a special art project. Yesterday was on Paul Klee and his work "The Golden Fish" The children then used scratch paper to do their own fish art work. They really enjoyed it. I love that they are getting a bit of culture, even if it's taught by us! Whatever it takes!

Caden has "Speedracer" showing at his school tonite, which we will all go to as a family. Tomorrow morning is his football game and tomorrow night I'm taking Mike out for his birthday dinner to Fleming's Steakhouse. Okay the chocolate lava cake will have to be without fat and calories ;-) No way I can't eat it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather~I haven't seen you at school this week to say hello. So, I decided to check your blog. BUSY LADY!!! Sounds like things are crazy for you. Sorry to hear about your injury. Is there anything I can do to help you out?? How did CATS testing go for Caden? Email me when you get a chance! Lindsay T.