Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our weekend






Mike and I had such a wonderful time out yesterday!

We attended the wedding at Brophy Chapel, which is just so elegant and romantic all on it's own. They had a mariachi band play throughout the ceremony which was oozing in romance and really made the hour long mass wedding an enjoyable event. 
We had a break between the wedding and the reception, so we headed over to our hotel to check in and we were starving. Mike and I were in such teamwork mode all morning we didn't eat lunch. So we decided we would go eat at Capital Grille. I had a feeling they might be closed, so we called and sure enough they were until 5. We decided to go to my one of my all time favs, Houston's. While driving there, Mike goes there's the Ritz, and I quickly remembered my girls were having tea there and very soon! Mike indulged my wishes to have lunch at the Ritz, hey we were already dressed to the nine's so let's eat somewhere that fit our attire! 
We ate at Bistro 24 and the food was amazing! We split a Cobb salad and a Filet Sandwich and I could eat it again today it was so yummy. Before we got our food, the girls, Monica, Penny, Heather, and Rena arrived and Mike went in to act like he was going to be their server ;-) It was so Mike! We said hello for a few minutes and went back to eat. Then we crashed the tea for a good 30 mins, before heading off to the wedding! Thank you girls for making Mike an honorary girl for the afternoon and letting us crash!! It was so great that I got to get my girlfriend time in.
We used the car service from the hotel to take us to the Heard. It was so elegantly decorated. I loved the color scheme they had. Red and platnium. The center pieces were unlike any I have seen lately. It's so neat to see what the newest thing is these days for arrangements. I wish we took our camera because I can't even begin to explain. We enjoyed the new friends we met at our table and Mike even did some dancing with me, so unlike him! And it was not slow dancing! The bride's father gave the most amazing speech and I poked Mike asking him if he was taking notes. So wild to think that one day we will be there with all our babies.
Our car came to pick us up at 10 and we were almost ready to go out to Old Town, but we were so wiped out we called it a night! And we didn't get up till 8:30! Amazing, because normally we wake up at 6.

Meantime yesterday, Julie took the zoo to the zoo! After a short time there, they called it a day, it was just way too hot. But she got some great pictures and they can't wait to go back! Julie said they did so great for her, and they had a really great time. Teagan only seem to be upset when we called to say goodnight. So I asked if it work for her to stay up a little while longer with Julie and she said yes. And that seemed to do the trick for her.

We have been hanging out all day with the zoo and just finished up dinner from Gennaro's Pizza. I got a small nap in today as well and wanted to go for a run, but didn't find the energy to do it. I ran yesterday morning with Joe and we went 2 1/2 miles and then did core. I couldn't believe that after almost 2 weeks I was still in running shape. And wow it's so much easier to run with someone. It really keeps you going! My friend Susie and I are going to try and commit to once a night run to keep up the encouragement and motivation. We are running a 5k in a couple of weeks and then she's doing another one the following weekend. I think we are going to sign up for a 9k as well in November! I can say that a 5k is a piece of cake for me now, which is still just so cool to say! So new challenge was needed :-)

Tomorrow Aislinn is officially one! Trying to figure out what we are going to do!! ;-)

2 comments:

Improper Bostonian said...

Happy first birthday Aislinn! Hugs and kisses from the East Coast Malloys. Uncle Tim will be bringing your gift out to you in a few weeks!
Love
Auntie Kelly

dmdm said...

Happy Birthday Aislinn!! I hope you have a super fun day!