Well Elements food was absolutly amazing!!! It was with an Asian flare on the gourmet side, so well prepared and everything melted in our mouth! They even carried our favorite wine, Siduri!
We had Sake Braised Short Ribs and Goat cheese Spinach Fondue for apps, I had their Butternut Squash soup (YUMMO!) and Mike had their farmer's field green salad, he had the bacon wrapped filet and I had a Ribeye in hollandaise sauce. It was just marvelous! For dessert he had more wine and I had their chocolate peanut butter decandance. Think Reese Peanut butter cup but a lot more fancy and delicate, with a cappucino. It's offically our favorite place now. The view, where can you not sit and have a bad one, is spectacular. I really want to try out the spa now. It's just a very serene location as well. Away from all the traffic tucked back on the mountain among the residental area of Paradise Valley, which is the creme de la creme place to live just right north of Scottsdale.
Sunday nite dinner was fun as well, meeting Michelle's BF from San Fran, Kira. She's 17 weeks prego and still in her regular clothing. One word for her ;-) She's great and likes to give Michelle a hard time like the rest of us. Just too easy ;-)
School week has been going great for the boys! Had a playdate with the St. Geme's on Monday and just always have the best time being with them. The rest of the week I have just been laying low and close to home. I have my OB appt today to schedule our induction. I'm up right now because of persistent heartburn, throw up in my mouth, and plan ole uncomfortable and insomnia. Yesterday I had the most killer lower backache that just wouldn't go away. It finally did after a nice back rub and getting in bed, thank you Mike! He really really really wants her here on Saturday which is his actual birthday. So we will see what we can work out. I have no hopes or expectations, knowing how Teagan's induction went. One it took 8 days to get into the hospital and two she was an 18 1/2 hour labor. I just feel calm knowing that the end is near and we are meeting our baby girl so very soon! OH and if I have her on Sunday how cool is this! I will have a baby born on first day of winter, spring, and now fall if she comes on the 23rd which has been Mike's original prediction all along! Seems a bit destined at this point, but again no hopes.
If we have her on Saturday we will for sure miss Allie and Ryan's co-birthday party, which makes me sad. We love the Tripp famliy, plus it's at Peter Piper where Caden just loves to go. So I'm thinking we will be going there tonite after we get news of what is yet to come. If I remember correctly, my doctor called me after the appointment to tell me my date and time.
I think I'm going to see if I can go in the middle of the night. I hear that's the trick on getting in and the list isn't as long. I am delivering at a different hospital this time though and they are back down to 4-7 deliveries a day where the previous one was like 20!
The weather has broken here this week. We are barely hitting the 90's for the day and 70's at night. The children are so ready for bed too, because they are playing hard in the backyard on their swingset. Thank you so much Mike for letting us get that! It's nice, yesterday I had a surge of energy, and no I don't read into as labor to come I'm convinced for sure more than ever I just don't do labor on my own and have given up on all signs and don't read into them, so anyway surge of energy I cleaned the house for the first time in weeks! Leaving the door open and keeping an eye on them without them underfoot was perfect.
I know it made Mike happy! LOL Today I will do laundry, *GASP* I know it's nuts. And maybe tackle some cabinets that are driving me insane, like our bathroom and still the junk drawers in the kitchen.
So hopefully next I will be blogging about Aislinn's impending Birth Day with a little help from our friends at Valley Women for Women and Mercy Gilbert Hospital!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, have you tried the Tums smoothies? The chocolate ones are pretty good... I know this is hollow advice. I really do remember being in the last days of pregnancy, sorry! If you have to be up at 4AM suffering though, at least there's a chocolate antacid out there...=) I'm thinking labor thoughts for you, and I hope the baby comes on Sunday the 23rd too! (all by herself!)
Post a Comment