Friday, March 14, 2008

A good week

It's just been going so nice and not much to report! I'm loving spring break with Caden. Not having to get his backpack ready in the morning and with just Riordan having school one day this week, there was no all day car stuff us. 
Riordan had an Easter Picnic for his school on Thursday at Desert Mountain Park in Queen Creek. It was a hit for our zoo. I first panicked though when we got there because Caden took off without a word to Mike or I and no one could find him. I was a bit snappy too, because for me, if I don't know where one of my children are then they are safe to me. This is the reason I normally don't go to parks because I can't keep my eyes on everyone at the same time. 
Mike wasn't worried and kept saying it wasn't a big deal. But it is. Caden takes off on me all the time in a store, park, school, etc. I need to get my friend Rena's John Walsh video, to really drive home stranger danger. I know once it clicks he will not be doing this anymore. Threatening to take away privileges isn't working anymore either, or just plain taking them away.
So any who, Riordan was very interested in meeting the Easter Bunny, but not Caden or Teagan. I told him he didn't have to take a picture (issues) but he could go say hi. So he did! He wouldn't go up close but he made sure he got a good look and he got bunny ears for the visit. I love watching his wheels turn too. And it was the topic of conversation all day yesterday how he met her but not Caden or Teagan. Oh and there was another Teagan, drop the first a, there that attends his school but a different class. She was 'bragging' about how she has four children in 5 years, unfortunately her first one passed away (I'm not sure when) So I politely said, I feel your pain, this is Caden just turned 5, this is Riordan just turned 3, this is Teagan about to turn 2 and Aislinn who is 5 months. Oh and over there is my friend Marcie who has Allie 5, Megan 3, Ryan 2, and Lauren almost 1 ;-) She started to laugh and said she felt not so much alone now that she knew others who shared her boat.
Mike and I had a yummy dinner at Flemings on Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed our time with his reps Leon and Cathy. They are such a great couple and wow what a life they have led! We totally learned a whole new life of exotic animal hunting in different countries and showing Great Danes! Our food was amazing as always and we tried the portabella fries. Both Mike and I say we don't like portabellas, but holy smokes those were terrific! We go back in 2 weeks for another group to wine and dine. I'm liking this trophy wife stuff ;-)
Last night Kristi, Michelle, Heather, Rena and I headed to the mall to use our 25% off coupon for the Coach store. The bag I was going for was supposedly no longer available. After 20 minutes of this girl 'helping' me, she came to that conclusion. Well I went online last night and there it was and I could put it in the shopping bag. Now my thing is I scheduled this time to go last night and she was of no help to me! I want to get this bag, so cute! So I called the 1 800 number last night. They are perplexed as to why she would say it wasn't available any longer as well. I know it was the right bag too, because I confirmed it over her shoulder when she was looking it up online.
So they asked me to call back this morning to talk to the consumer department and I may be able to order it over the phone for the hassle she put me through and use my card. 
Today Kate is coming over to keep the kiddos and I'm not sure what I'll do with my time before I work out at 1. Caden and I normally have our date today, but we were able to do it yesterday afternoon. We went to Cold Stone and then to Basha's to order Teagan's Princess Birthday Cake and Caden got a toy there. He's a lot like me with the ice cream. A lot more interested in the waffle cone. We should just get that and share a small scoop of ice cream!
I finally used a program on my elliptical yesterday. Brought me up to resistance 4 and down and up and down and up. I did it! I normally just do manual and do 1 or 2 and get a good workout, but this was a good challenge! 
Teagan is up! Time to get the house ready too for small group tonite! Happy Friday!

No comments: