Thursday, May 22, 2008

We survived!






I'm getting better at this sleep deprivation thing. Once 3 or 4 rolls around I'm a zombie, but somehow get an energy boost soon after, from food most likely and not caffeine. And then I could make it to 7:45/8 before I passed out in bed.

Aislinn the past two nights has slept through, got up at 5. Yesterday she stayed up, today she went back down. YAY! She did wake up again last night at 11, but I didn't go to her and she went back to sleep. DOUBLE YAY! 

Oh and Monday night, Riordan slept with me. He fell out of the bed at midnight! He didn't cry, but let out an unsure of what just happened "Mommmmyyyyyy??"  I moved so fast to scoop him up and we went to his bed where it is safe because of his guardrail. Whew! My heart couldn't stop beating. Our bed is pretty high up, so that was a long fall. Thankfully he likes to sleep upside down sometimes, so he completely avoided the night stand.

Mike got home a little after 9 last night. Caden stayed up with me to welcome him home and we all watched the end of Evan Almighty. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty cute and recommend it. It's great for kids too, no foul language. The animals where a huge hit with Caden and the flood was a great teaching tool with comparing to Noah and his Ark.

Swimming this week has been going well for the most part. Caden still doesn't want to jump in and get upset. So yesterday I told him he wasn't going to his Aunt and Uncle's house or the Tripp's house this weekend. He jumped in. He doesn't want to touch the bottom! When I was a little girl that was my favorite part! SO I have to find a way for him to enjoy it too.

Tonite I have an outing with my girl Kristi after she gets Colbie down. I will be bringing my toothpicks ;-) It will be some good QT for sure.

Tomorrow night we host small group. It was cancelled last week due to our Pastor not feeling well and just getting back from a trip. This week he had his wisdom teeth taken out and thinks he can still conduct the meeting. Uh yeah, I'm pretty certain it will be cancelled, which will be alright with us.  He needs to rest!

Tomorrow is Caden's celebration at school. The whole zoo is going. Should be cute. They are singing three songs and then getting their certificate and then cake and juice. 

Riordan was Riordan at his graduation. He was literally attached to my hip and I had to tell him Miss Misty was going to cry if he didn't get a picture with her ;-) He took the picture, but he wouldn't look. That's my Riordan. Before we left though he got comfortable enough to eat THREE, well lick the tops ;-), cupcakes and about 5 bite size brownies. He almost got sick from the sweetness, again so like Riordan. But managed to overcome it! So proud of him! He and I went to Chick Fil a for our date and he was so funny. Just really coming out of his shell and being a silly little boy! The bottom picture was him before we went to school. Oh and his classic comment of the morning, "Why wasn't my daddy there? Megan and Catie's daddy were there.." Oh break my heart!!

This morning is a nothing morning! No school for Riordan! Yippee! So we will most likely hit Target for teacher gifts and then pick up the Caden's. It is cold and yet morning and won't get too warm. We have thunderstorms predicted as well. 

This afternoon I'm so busy. I have a 3 pm training session and then 5 pm Physical Therapy. Then 8 pm with Kristi.. Oh I hope I make it!! Not much sleep as usual last night, but again, what's new? I will survive!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love reading your blog! Riordan is so handsome! Aunt Jen

DARES said...

Oh, he is EDIBLE! He is so cute and his personality (as you describe him) totally comes out in the photo.

So, I have to ask, you are always off to a training session or therapy or girl outing or date night....HOW ON EARTH do you manage it with 4 - I have 2 and can't! Do you have lots of sitters? Share the secret!