Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Late Halloween!

We had a such a busy but great day on Friday!!

But to back up a bit, Aislinn finally cut her 8th tooth on Wednesday! I need to go and lookup the difference on how long it took from her 7th to 8th. It seems like at least 2 months which is just funny, because past history the pairs have always been days apart. Also, she is walking all over the place now. She will still crawl, but walks on her own with no prompting from us and will walk to a toy, door, chair etc and laugh the whole way. At church today she kept walking all over the lobby. Now to get her some slippers for her bare feet!

We got our carpet for our family room and it is just Heaven! It is really going to hide everything and gives it a very cozy feeling. Everyone has been enjoying rolling all over it ;-) 

I finished my first week at Bootcamp and I really enjoyed it. Andrea is great and pushes us just far enough to not hate it. I think I will sign up again for December. I'm dealing with shin splints, that aren't as painful as the were on Thursday night. Boy did they hurt. So I'm cross training 5 miles today at the gym for my distance on the elliptical. I also went to Run AZ and finally! got fitted for the right running shoe. After all my issues, are you surprised?, we finally found a guys shoe that was narrow enough and gave me the support on my arches, because I have none, and this should help prevent shin splints and the tendinitis I have been experiencing on the inside of my ankles. I also got a PRE Christmas present. A Garmin GPS watch. Oh it's just so cool being that I'm a Gadget Girl to begin with! I can't wait to run again! Heal shins Heal!

Riordan had his school party on Wednesday where they sang songs. Well Riordan did not, in fact he was ready to go when I got there and didn't want to participate, so I held his hand as he somewhat stood next to his classmates and they sang three very cute songs and then we had treats and did candy for each other in treat bags. When we got home I told him I couldn't remember the songs and he sang them for me! But I couldn't look at him or he would stop ;-) Whatever it takes! I believed you Angela that he does it when I'm not around, going to drop off a video camera to set up! LOL

Friday I took the girls to our annual trip to the retirement home to trick or treat with the seniors. Teagan FINALLY let me put a costume on her and she chose Tinkerbell first and then Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I will post pics soon! She was so shy getting candy but soon got into the groove but still not a peep out of her, just a lot of nodding. 
That afternoon we went to Caden's school to watch the whole K classes do a Nursery Rhyme Parade around the courtyard and it was adorable. Apparently Caden couldn't find his props so his teacher lent him some she did! So awesome of her. And then when he got home he found them in his backpack. Seems he has my disease of looking right at it but not seeing it.
We come home to take a break, have dinner, and then get dressed for Trick or Treating! We are all so excited! It's our first time doing it in our neighborhood! I tell the boys to go get the Ninja Turtle costumes and 10 minutes later they come out with DIFFERENT costumes from the past years!! I am NOT buying new ones next year! So Riordan was Dash from Incredibles and Caden was Peter Pan, again like last year! Both so adorable ;-) Teagan was cranky and didn't want to put on her costume and told her she couldn't go if she didn't put it on. She finally did, but was truly a princess and stayed either in her wagon or in the stroller getting candy and made either me get her candy or the giver come to her! Turns out she had a fever the poor girl! I don't know how long she had it but it was gone the next morning and still hasn't returned. 
Aislinn was a flower and didn't like to wear the hat to go with it. So she was mistaken once as a watermelon! Funny! We hit only the house on our block and the short road to our local park and then came back home where our neighbor had an incredible Haunted House in his backyard and garage.  Teagan and Aislinn wanted no part in it, so I went in the house with them, which is when I realized Teagan had a fever. Riordan was so brave and loved going through it after about 5 times of watching him, Caden went through it. Thankfully they did nothing scary to the boys so it was a light show with creepy music. I didn't want to do it either so I didn't ;-).
We all were so tired. The boys and Teagan were asleep by 8, Aislinn 7:30 and Mike 9 pm. I stayed up and caught up on shows, still have so much to go, till 10. 

I did the most fun training with Joe on Saturday morning at a local high school. We ran bleachers for 10 mins! I was pretty impressed with myself at how well I did! Last time I did them between the girls, I hated them. I did not hate them at all this time! Then we did a forward run and then a backwards run! Totally so cool! Okay I'm showing my 80's side, but there really is no other way to describe it.

We had a double date to Blue Wasabi with our friends Jennifer and Brandon. We had such a great time, the food was amazing. Last time I went I wasn't so impressed with the food, but they totally redeemed themselves. There was never a moment silent and we didn't want the night to end. They had a friend watching their boys so they had to skedaddle and Mike and I decided to go to Fleming's for Chocolate Lava Cake! Okay That's it! I totally ate crap since Wednesday and that was literally the icing on the cake ;-) But it was SOOOO worth it, as is every time.  Today is a clean slate and back to healthy eating along with my insane work outs. 

I had to let the zoo know that Santa said that each child will each only get 3 gifts from him. So with us having two December birthdays, we have officially started a christmas list. They know that they may not be able to get everything and that we could choose one of them as birthday presents or we can pass the suggestion on to the grandparents ;-). Teagan and Aislinn of course don't really get this part, but it is really working for the boys! Plus we put a monetary max on each of them and explained that Santa can only spend so much of each of them so he can spend the same for other boys and girls. They really do get it because Riordan picked out 'Kota' by Playskool and that sucker is 399! Yeah right! Great taste R! He and I talked about it being too much and he was not upset at all! He even crossed it off his list! These guys are being so great about it, so far !! Fingers crossed!



No comments: