Friday, November 07, 2008

It's Friday! AND Sunday ;-)

And my new official weigh in day!
Today I am down another 2 pounds so I have 15 to go with a bonus 5 ;-) To reach my final goal! It's so incredible and finally feeling really within reach to me!! Oh this journey has been so long! I hope to make it by New Years.

It has been a good week with bootcamp, back to running yesterday!, and training with Joe yesterday as well. Even eating has been really good considering all the candy in the house from last Friday. I have had sushi twice this week and then last night went to Pita Jungle with Michelle, Kristi, and Steph,  where all the food was so yummy. The company was even better!

Teagan had a really hard time at dance again Wednesday, so bad that she wouldn't do anything while I was in there, so after 30 mins of trying to get her in there and then sitting in the lobby we left. 

(cont'd post on Sunday the 9th)
So I started this posting with very blurry eyes and they had been burning like mad and watering excessively. This is the third time since having my lasik I have had it occur. So after attending bootcamp on Friday and asking 3 or 4 times if it was foggy out, I decided it would be best to call the doctor's office. They definitely wanted me to come in.
After dropping Riordan at school, the girls and I headed to Scottsdale. I was confident that I could do this appointment with them. When I pulled into the parking lot there was Mike waiting for us! Sweet! So he sat with them while I went in.
The doctor goes, after looking at my eyes, you have a very rare chronic condition called Meibomianitis
I start to laugh! 
He explains that it was triggered by my surgery and did I mind if he showed his colleagues because they were just talking about it the night before and how rare it was! 
But of course right?! 
While he's showing me off, he says it's a direct result of my rosacea
I go, I don't have rosacea
He just smiles like, sure honey whatever you want to believe. 
So we discuss that rosacea doesn't have to be always present redness of the skin, and can flare up when working out, heat exposure and such, which I do get excessively red and the backs of my arms are always red. So I find out I also have rosacea. I laugh even more.
Thankfully it is non-life altering and with a new antibiotic on the market it should help keep my eyes from pooling up with clogged oil from the night before. Which is why I would have hazy eyesight and excessive burning right when I woke up and small styes on my eyelids.

After that I ran to AJ's to get last minute food for our first ever wine tasting party with Jen, Susie, and Kathleen here at our house! What a great time that was! We started at 5:30 so all the children could play and we could get a decent amount of wine tasting and adult time together. Oh my gosh the food we all made was amazing and I can't stop thinking about it! I made my famous bruschetta, along with having cheeses, hummus, nuts, and a pizza for kiddos, Susie made home made crabcakes and a brie ( I polished off the brie yesterday ;-), Kathleen made home made meatballs and brought yummy sausages and cookies for the kiddos, and Jen made the most amazing chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis and whole berries and Ghirardelli brownies for the kiddos, that I had to make sure were good enough for them to eat ;-)! They were all amazing, can you see why I'm still thinking about the food? We had 8 wines covered in the Pinot Noir family that we tried. It was really neat to see which ones we liked most and it was the ones that weren't but 10 bucks if I remember! My favorite one was Irony, which I by chance had purchased because I loved the story behind the vineyard.

In the middle of that night, Riordan woke up vomiting. He was sick all night long till 8 am. I had a 2 hour training session with Joe, and there was no way Mike could take Caden to football, so I called my friend Heather to see if she could pick up Caden and I would meet them at the game. Thankfully she gets up before the crack of dawn so calling her at 6:30 wasn't too early. Caden was thrilled to ride with his pal Dominic! I had even texted Barb, who was willing as well to pick him up! I'm so thankful for both of them!

As I'm driving to Caden's game, Heather calls me to let me know Caden just scored a touchdown. He didn't get an opportunity to run the ball last week, so Coach Rob promised Caden would get it first at the game. He did and he kept running! She was so sweet and told me all about it, yet I was feeling like a heel for not being there. She said he was really proud of himself. I call Mike to let him know. I literally ran from the parking lot to the football field and thank goodness I did, I arrived just in time to see him run again and score ANOTHER touchdown! I would have done cartwheels if I could ;-) He gave me two big thumbs up!
And since he reward him with cash for touchdowns and such I realize I'm going to be broke if he kept it up LOL. The entire team had a great game. The team we played was definitely 4 year olds. The age range for their level is 4-6. It was good for our players who never get a chance to excel, but it was hard to watch at the same time as the little guys tried to keep up, and they only had 5 players and it's played with 5, so no rest time for them. But they did great and our team backed off near the end and let them have some fun as well.

Caden and I went to Toys R Us after the game and he picked out a toy instead of getting cash and we got birthday gifts for two party's he's attending. One for his friend Julian from class today at 2, and the other is for Dominic next weekend.

When I got home I found out that Aislinn had thrown up in her bed sometime in the night and then again after drinking her bottle that morning. So I cancelled all my plans of attending a boutique that day and shopping with a friend later to help relieve Mike. Well I got dizzy and not feeling well so he sent me to bed. I took a small nap and felt a lot better when I woke up.

I did go to the Apple store around bedtime. The battery on my laptop WARPED this week! It was so odd! They were shocked as well and made sure that I wasn't hurt by any batter acid. They exchanged it! Then I hit Wal-mart for milk, t-shirt for Caden for a class project, and other things for the kitchen ;-) Love that place, it's so inexpensive and I love my self check out! I'm a gadget girl so it's fun for me.

I watched 'Juno' last night and it was such a great movie! I loved it and completely went differently than I assumed. I stayed up late, 11 pm and that is late for me ;-) The nap helped me get through it. 

Mike is at church doing our post and then after attending he's hitting DD's for the children to get their donut fix. I will have to sew my mouth shut...

No comments: